Freelancer US English Level 3 Exam Answers 2022
In a previous similar article, we discussed how to pass the Freelancer skill test in the easiest way possible. So here we will discuss how to pass the English Freelancer English test with ease. You can see my test results in the image above. The passing score here is 6 out of 10. This means that at least 24 of the 40 questions must be answered correctly. So, luckily, I managed to get through. So I’ll discuss how my results weren’t much better. If you avoid these problems, you will definitely get better results.
Exam US English level 3 answers 2022, freelancer test US English level 3 answers 2022, freelancer US English level 3 answers 2022, freelancer US English level 3 Exam 2022, Freelancer US English level 3 Exam Answers,
Freelancer US English level 3 Exam Answers 2022,
Freelancer US English Level 3 Exam Answers 2022
Correct answers are in Bold.
1. ____ that house have a finished basement?
2. Annie is ____ to get involved in the argument.
3. There are no restaurants anywhere near the factory, ____?
4. Everyone ____ Jimmy was invited to the party.
5. Does this bag belong to ____?
6. If the hotel has no vacancy, you can stay with ____.
7. This house doesn’t have an attic, ____?
8. _______ Julie’s car was brand new, it had mechanical problems.
In order that
9. How many guests are we expecting ___
10. I will present first unless someone _____ the agenda.
will have changed
11. ____ coming with us, right?
12. Jan didn’t like _____ the food on the menu.
13. What ______ about your performance?
say she did
she did say
did she say
did say she
14. _____ the name of your new boss?
15. ____ roof has sprung a leak.
A lot of
16. The game show was hosted by an actor ____ name I can’t recall.
17. Remember _____ the garage after ______ your project.
closing, to finish
to close, finishing
to close, finish
18. The company decided ___ logo was outdated.
19. By next month, the company ______ 2,000 self-driving cars.
will have sold
20. In my opinion, pistachios are better _____ almonds.
21. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
“I’ll meet you there” said Jonathan.
“I’ll meet you there,” said Jonathan.
“I’ll meet you there”, said Jonathan.
“I’ll meet you there.” said Jonathan.
22. >Every minute of the play was _____.
23. We are looking to hire someone who has a strong _____ in management.
24. No, I didn’t turn ____ the radio.
25. I don’t want to go in; there’s a massive ______.
26. _____ the football team is in peak condition.
27. I think you used too _____ salt in your sauce.
28. When my husband comes home, ______ to dinner.
we will go
we would go
we would be going
we would have gone
29. Even if we work until midnight, we ____ miss the deadline.
we have still
30. Jorge is talented _______ in English, Spanish, and French.
31. ______ would you like to have the couch delivered?
32. I’ll let you know _____ we arrive.
33. I will be there on time unless my flight ______.
will have been delayed
would be delayed
34. Could you do ____ a favor?
35. I usually eat healthy, ______ I love the occasional slice of pizza.
36. Kwame will have hidden the presents _____ we get there.
37. _____ wasn’t the garage closed last night?
38. Without practice, our team will ____ to the Tigers.
39. Dad won’t remember to bring the gifts unless _____ him.
you will ask
you had asked
you would ask
40. By 2021, Marcia ______ her second degree.
41. The principal wants to have a meeting _____ Billy’s behavior.
42. As soon as you wake up, you ____ to take the dog out.
43. After a three-hour delay, the food still ______.
44. You should be more ______ in class.
45. During the hurricane, Jose’s home suffered a lot of ______.
46. One of his least favorite job duties is _____ presentations.
47. If Janine had given you constructive feedback, what _______ said?
can you have
will you have
would you have
48. To join the organization, you need a lot of ______.
49. My ____ engine is making a strange sound.
50. There’s an extra coffee mug ____ the counter.
51. Malik hasn’t called you today, _____ he?
52. All of the supplies on the table are for ____.
53. Once you finish your paperwork ___ bring it back to the reception desk.
54. The dog is sleeping _____ the table.
55. You don’t happen to have a pen, ____?
56. We can only serve beer ____ wine at the event.
57. I finally feel ____ enough to return to work.
58. _____ new store just opened last week.
59. _____ I win the lottery, I still want to work.
In order that
60. You have to take ____ of your medicine to feel better.
61. ______ it rains, the garage floods.
As far as
In order that
62. Gerard’s favorite activity on Sundays is ______.
63. How ____ milk is needed for this recipe?
64. If we would have left earlier, we ______ on time.
will have arrived
would have arrived
65. Mr. Evans gave everyone a cupcake as a ____ gesture.
66. Angus sprinted _____ the finish line.
67. Gretchen agreed ______ me with my philosophy homework.
68. Did you hear about what ______ to the Smith family?
69. The pest control team will arrive _____ 10 a.m.
70. I’m going to sleep now because I’m _____ tired.
71. You are ____ to read the book of your choosing.
72. I will attend the meeting _____ Mr. Williams.
in case of
in front of
by means of
in place of
73. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
June will present chapter one, and Josh will present the rest.
June will present chapter one and Josh will present the rest.
June will present chapter one and Josh will present, the rest.
June will present, chapter one and Josh will present the rest.
74. Sometimes, it’s dangerous to cook with _____.
75. There’s no point _____ the truth.
76. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
After I graduate I’ll move back to Nebraska.
After, I graduate I’ll move back to Nebraska.
After I graduate, I’ll move back to Nebraska.
After I graduate I’ll, move back to Nebraska.
77. _____ were upset about _____ extra homework.
The students, the
The students, many
78. ____ don’t usually like the same movies.
79. We’ll find Gemma’s teddy bear, ______ it is.
80. When are you going to buy ____ new car?
81. I would have cleaned the house if I ______ you were coming.
will have known
82. I ______ the writer’s conference last year.
83. Most of the movie was shot in the _____.
84. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
How many siblings do you have.
How many siblings do you have,
How many siblings do you have?
How many siblings do you have!
85. The hospital needs more _____ with ______ in neurology.
the doctors, the experience
doctors, the experience
the doctors, experience
86. Carol will be successful because she writes ______.
87. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
I returned the sweater, with the black sequins, yesterday.
I returned, the sweater, with the black sequins, yesterday.
I returned the sweater with the black sequins yesterday.
I returned the sweater with the black sequins, yesterday.
88. _____ assigned this project to you on such short notice?
89. Please be sure ______ your phone while _______.
turning off, driving
to turn off, drive
turning off, drive
to turn off, driving
90. ____ the weather, we have to leave today.
In lieu of
91. If you don’t feel well, you should ____ down.
92. _____ a bad ninth inning, the team still won.
93. I refuse to _______ Chester’s apology.
94. _____ it rains today, we’ll have to move the party indoors.
95. You haven’t seen my car keys, _____?
96. If the power goes out, we _____ to use the backup generator.
will have had
97. Mr. Weaver was accused ____ falsifying records.
98. A protestor climbed _____ the stage during the ceremony.
99. The sale only _____ to select products.
100. The Queen’s ____ has lasted for several decades.
101. I’ll be there ______ I can.
as far as
as soon as
in order that
102. I’m happy to announce that Ms. Williamson ______ the position.
will have accepted
103. Did you remember _____ the oven when you finished?
to turn off
on turning off
104. Figure it out amongst ______.
105. During the heist, the thief risked _____ caught.
106. If I buy the tickets, ______ buy the popcorn?
107. If your phone stops working, ______ a new one?
you would have gotten
will you have gotten
will you get
you will get
108. When you’re done, _____ your books to your room.
109. To ___ does this coat belong?
110. Meredith really enjoys _____ satire.
111. The Burj Khalifa is the ____ tallest building.
112. _____ Billy failed the test, he still passed the class.
113. It was the ____ movie Jean had ever seen.
114. The college needs a professor ___ specializes in economics.
115. We don’t like selfies because we don’t know how to take pictures of _____.
116. I wish Jeremy ____ us about the meeting before today.
117. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Sean, the youngest of six, was the familys only college graduate.
Sean the youngest of six, was the family’s only college graduate.
Sean, the youngest of six was the familys only college graduate.
Sean, the youngest of six, was the family’s only college graduate.
118. The venue changed, but ____ closer to home.
119. High pitched sounds in the recording are _____ audible, but they can be heard at high volume.
120. Jessie asked ___ “What are you guys doing after class?”
121. When the TV show ends, _____ give you my undivided attention.
I will have
122. You should slice the pizza _____ so everyone gets a slice.
123. ____ need to pick a dessert for the reception.
124. No one is allowed in the building _____ they show their ID badge.
as long as
125. _____ Phyllis angry with us for making too much noise?
126. I’d like to accept this award _________ Vanessa, who couldn’t be here tonight.
in spite of
with regard to
on behalf of
127. We can’t take the dog _____ while there’s lightning.
128. If I earn a bonus this year, I ______ to Italy.
will have traveled
would have traveled
129. Bradley will need help _____ the first semester.
130. There weren’t any violations, ____?
131. Our family plans ______ to Mexico for the summer.
132. Charles ran ____ the building before the rain started.
133. Everyone entered the contest _____ Jill.
134. When ______ first place, my parents will be so proud.
I would win
I will win
I had won
135. At noon, the board will announce ____ has been appointed as CEO.
136. Can someone please pass ____ bread?
137. The room feels crowded because there are ________ people in here.
138. _____ you going on vacation in April?
139. We’re not going on vacation ____ August.
140. Caleb’s parents have a meeting with the _____ today.
141. Next Friday, the restaurant ______ at 4 p.m. for dinner.
142. Let me know ______ you’d like to go to dinner.
143. Take an extra layer in case _____ cold in the auditorium.
it will be
it would be
it would have been
144. _______ is this sweater fashionable, _____ it’s also ethically made.
Not only, but
Just as, so
145. We can’t leave _____ the driveway is blocked.
146. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Mr. Williams introduced us to Peter, a new student from Denmark.
Mr. Williams introduced us to Peter a new student from Denmark.
Mr. Williams introduced us to Peter a new student, from Denmark.
Mr. Williams, introduced us to Peter a new student from Denmark.
147. For stronger bones, your son should drink ____ milk.
a lot of
148. It’s a nice house, ____ it’s not my top choice.
149. Professor Grant thought the presentation was _______ unacceptable.
150. I’d like a coffee ____ a tea.
in case of
on top of
151. The entire room is reserved for ___.
152. Bruce studied hard, ____ he thought the exam was easy.
153. The security guard stopped the thief ____ stealing two sweaters.
154. I’ve made arrangements ______ at a five-star resort.
155. ____ bag ripped because it was too full.
156. I was ____ surprised that my contract was renewed.
157. Aunt Ann walked ____ for one hour.
158. My brother’s sense of humor is nothing ____ mine.
159. Georgia ______ there for 15 years.
160. Charlie’s letter ____ that he was homesick.
161. We should _____ the meeting at 8 a.m. sharp.
162. Try to _____ in on what the author is saying in the article.
163. It wasn’t _____ film of the year, but it still won _____.
the best, awards
best, much awards
the best, the awards
164. We’ll stay at Grandma’s house ____ our visit.
165. After the party ____ we should head home.
166. My flight is delayed because the aircraft ______ yet.
167. I _____ into an old friend from high school last night.
168. We have ____ food to feed the entire family.
169. The ______ new house had a finished basement with a wine cellar.
170. Next August, the entire cast ______ to France for the premiere.
171. I’ve loved reading _____ I was just 5 years old.
172. We’ll need five more plates _____ what we already have.
in addition to
173. The plumber ____ us if we’d had problems with the sink before.
174. _____ neighborhood has the best school district?
175. I hope the weather clears up so we __________ for a walk.
will have went
176. How will the organization be ______ by these changes?
177. It was a _____ that we both arrived at the same time.
178. _____ are organizing the potluck dinner.
179. A ___ of my colleagues attended the conference, so I wasn’t alone.
180. How will the weather ____ the construction project?
181. Miriam skipped the party ____ she was ill.
182. The historic home ______ 100 years ago.
has been constructed
is being constructed
183. If you leave the bread out, it _______ become stale.
184. The students must walk in an _____ fashion.
185. The train is never on time when I ______ late.
will have run
186. Yesterday, the entire family ______ their gifts at the same time.
187. Today’s heat is just too much to ______.
188. We must leave now because we have _____ time to spare.
189. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
You didn’t finish the homework did you?
You didn’t finish the homework, did you?
You didn’t finish, the homework did you?
You didn’t finish the homework did, you?
190. ______ should we go when the assembly is over?
191. Billy can publish anything on his blog ________ it’s true.
as long as
192. We have to turn _____ all phones during dinner.
193. _____ James _____ Jessie are getting promoted.
As much, as
Just as, so
194. If ______ my help, you can reach me at my desk.
you had needed
you have needed
you would need
195. _____ time should we start the meeting?
196. If you’re not feeling well, ______ come to the office.
you should not
you will have
you would have
197. Kim suggested _____ at 5 p.m. to discuss our progress.
198. _____ the avocados have gone bad.
A little of
199. I washed your t-shirt because it was _____.
200. _____ Mr. Smith _____ Ms. Brown could chaperone the dance.
Not only, but
201. We need to clean up and put everything in ____ place.
202. Which sentence is correct?
Because Gary practices every day, so he is a great pianist.
Because Gary practices every day, so is a great pianist.
Because Gary practices every day, he is a great pianist.
Because Gary practices every day, as he is a great pianist.
203. I don’t know where I left ___ keys.
204. Everyone laughed when the cat climbed ____ the stage.
205. Do you know _____ the boys have left yet?
206. How long is your commute to work ____
207. “I can help,____ said Mrs. Wilson.
208. If we close the store now, _____ we lose money?
209. Bobby was frequently late for work, ____ he received a great performance review.
210. Randy pretended ______ the meal even though he dislikes broccoli.
211. One of the main symptoms of the virus is _____.
212. Everyone will have a chance to say their ____ during the meeting.
213. In tonight’s game, the Celtics will play ____ the Bulls.
214. Brad said he’d like to ride ____ us.
in accordance with
215. The textbook is ____ world history and geography.
on account of
216. James has to start over because he cleaned his room _____.
217. Neither Phoebe ____ Rachel admitted to breaking the glass.
218. I haven’t seen Joanna ____ last Friday.
219. Mrs. Briar chose ____ for the job.
220. Which van should we take – ____ or ours?
221. ____ project won first place in the competition.
222. We could drive instead _______ an Uber.
223. Carl and ___ are the only chaperones for the field trip.
224. The band started playing after _____.
you are leaving
you were leaving
225. Which of these coats is ____?
226. The orchestra’s holiday performance was just _____.
227. The girl with the _____ hair is Jenny.
228. I still need to ____ out my ideas for the book.
229. Where ______ purchased?
was the coat
the coat was
coat was the
was coat the
230. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Their slogan says, “The best barbecue in town.”
Their slogan says “The best barbecue in town.”
Their slogan says; “The best barbecue in town.”
Their slogan says. “The best barbecue in town.”
231. When Dylan was young, he dreamed ___ becoming a firefighter.
232. Paul threw out the bottle because he _______ it was yours.
won’t have known
233. I anticipate ______ the project complete by Tuesday.
234. _____ are sharing one hotel suite for the entire trip.
235. You will only get a promotion if ______ hard.
you would work
you could work
you would have worked
236. When Mauricio ____ through the front door, everyone will yell, “Surprise!”
237. Are you interested ______ us for dinner?
238. The audience doesn’t care ______ questions.
239. This basketball needs more air because it’s not ____ enough.
240. Briana will clean the kitchen _____ Edward vacuums the rugs.
241. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
My parents’ new car has more modern features than your parents’.
My parent’s new car has more modern features than your parents.
My parents’ new car has more modern features than your parents.
My parents new car has more modern features than your parents’.
242. For our homework, we have to listen ____ a podcast.
243. Every driver must show proof of ____ insurance.
244. When ______ the good news?
will Sherrie share
Sherrie will share
will share Sherrie
share will Sherrie
245. _____ it rains _____ not, the show must go on.
Just as, so
246. What meal ______ when she got sick?
eating was April
April was eating
was April eating
eating April was
247. John refuses to try anything new because he’s risk-_____.
248. I have three items in my backpack ____ a book, a pen, and my wallet.
249. ____ almost time for us to leave.
250. We will spend the afternoon at the job _____.
251. _____ is one of my favorite pastimes.
To have read
252. I love ham sandwiches ____ only on rye bread.
253. ______ seen any good TV shows lately?
254. The committee is interested _______ your thoughts.
255. There isn’t ____ space in the car for four more people.
256. Jenny is so young, ____ she has accomplished so much.
257. After dinner, no one ______ to load the dishwasher.
258. Brendan was sent home early for behaving ______.
259. She and ____ will meet you at 7 p.m.
260. You can’t use your cell phone once you’re _____ the plane.
261. ____ is broken and we need to buy ____ new one.
The phone, a
The phone, the
262. Because of the snow, the bus ______ yet.
263. The group is _____ of three experienced doctors.
264. Jasmine learned _______ five languages when she was a child.
265. ______ if I adjust the thermostat?
Mind would you
You would mind
Would you mind
Would mind you
266. Do you know _____ this door is locked?
267. You need a good sense of _____ to enjoy the TV show.
268. The office needs an assistant ____ takes initiative.
269. Matthias has to work early tomorrow, but he is happy ______ tonight.
on going out
for going out
to go out
to going out
270. The meteorologist urged everyone to drive _____ after the storm.
271. Jackie _____ the actor to ask for his autograph.
will have approached
272. Dinner didn’t start until 9 p.m. because everyone was ____ late.
273. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Julie’s’ house is the blue one on the left.
Julies house is the blue one on the left.
Julies’ house is the blue one on the left.
Julie’s house is the blue one on the left.
274. Does he like to _____ music in his spare time?
275. I yearn _____ a vacation after this difficult semester.
276. Who is _____ leader in ______?
the oldest, world
oldest, the world
the oldest, the world
276. Are you the person in charge here ____
277. If you ____ at the gifts, you’ll ruin the surprise.
278. After the next presentation, let’s take a ______.
279. Sue had only positive things to say _____ our party.
280. Christine didn’t like pickles, _____ she ate one anyway.
281. When I graduated from college, I ______ to New York City.
282. Please walk ____ while you move the vase across the room.
283. What _______ to you?
does art mean
art does mean
mean does art
does mean art
284. Roger needs a minute to catch his ______.
285. I only packed three shirts ____ a red one, a black one, and a green one.
286. I don’t recall ______ anything about extra time off.
287. Don’t forget to take your wallet ____ you.
288. William sat ____ me during the play.
289. ____ meal comes with a bowl of _____.
An, the soup
The, a soup
290. We ______ to tour the campus next week.
will have gone
291. You know how to scramble eggs, _____?
292. How much _______ when you checked in for the flight?
your suitcase did weigh
did weigh your suitcase
did your suitcase weigh
weigh did your suitcase
293. This store is closed ___ We should try another place
294. Samantha decided to turn on the ceiling fan _____ it was too warm.
295. We bought ____ food this week.
296. The jam is on ______ of the fridge.
an top shelf
the top shelf
each top shelf
297. Carla needs more ____ before she takes ____ exam.
of the sleep, the
of the sleep, a
298. Justin still ______ yet.
299. Jerry has six daughters, and ____ all live in Las Vegas.
300. Carrie is an introvert and tends _____ shy with new people.
301. The gift with the red bow is ____
302. You shouldn’t carry ____ much cash when you travel abroad.
303. Make sure you learn every client’s name _____ you can introduce them to each other.
304. The recent cold weather is the _____ reason for the decline in occupancy.
305. As usual, Mr. Park had _____ for breakfast before he left for _____.
the coffee, the work
coffee, the work
a coffee, a work
306. After _____, I rode my bicycle to work.
307. The _____ largest gym has both a steam room and a sauna.
308. Many of the employees complained ______ the management over low pay.
309. Building a new wing for the hotel is impossible. We have _________ the funds.
either the land or
both the land and
neither the land nor
not only the land but also
310. It wasn’t _____ play Ms. Yee had ever seen, but it was _____ one.
best, the good
the best, good
the best, the good
the best, a good
311. Peter lost control of his car and just missed crashing _____ a wall.
312. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The emperor was wearing no clothes which was quite obvious to Beverly.
The emperor, was wearing no clothes which was quite obvious to Beverly.
The emperor was wearing no clothes which, was quite obvious to Beverly.
The emperor was wearing no clothes, which was quite obvious to Beverly.
313. Max was completely _____ with trying to complete his dissertation.
314. _____ at high elevation contains less _____.
The air, the oxygen
Air, the oxygen
The air, oxygen
315. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Ms. Giardi arrived before we did didn’t she?
Ms. Giardi arrived, before we did, didn’t she?
Ms. Giardi arrived before we did, didn’t she?
Ms. Giardi arrived before we did. Didn’t she?
316. We didn’t use all of the gasoline, so the _____ should be enough to get you to the station.
317. I often dream _____ traveling to foreign countries.
318. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The watch with the black dial was repaired and returned.
The watch, with the black dial was repaired and returned.
The watch, with the black dial was, repaired and returned.
The watch with the black dial was repaired, and returned.
319. It remains unclear whether it is more _____ to attract new customers or to retain existing ones.
320. The picture was taken by an artist _____ name I can’t remember.
321. The driver was able to repair the tire, _____ there were tools in the trunk of the car.
323. I wish it would stop raining so that I _____ outside.
could have gone
324. I found my friends seated _____ the front row of the theater.
325. How _____ to repair six computers in an hour?
did you manage
you did manage
326. Seeing this snow globe reminds me _____ to Clear Lake every winter with my family.
327. _____ it’s true that more trees need to be planted, there is still enough shade for the swimming pool.
328. Joseph wasn’t home when you went to visit him, _____ he?
329. The concert started late, _____ annoyed a lot of people.
330. How many documents _____ yesterday?
did you have to sign
you had to sign
had you to sign
you did sign
331. Let’s hope Ms. Noor finds a good job _____ she goes.
332. The addition of a new rail line has made the northern part of the city much more _____.
333. Jason discovered the small piece of metal in the engine _____ was causing all the problems.
334. Mr. Faisal said that he _____ David since yesterday morning.
335. Ms. Cepeda’s designs were _____ detailed that there was no need to revise them.
336. Rebecca forgave Jason _____ not contacting her for six months.
337. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The tallest man who was from Sweden introduced me to Jennifer.
The tallest man, who was from Sweden introduced me to Jennifer.
The tallest man who was from Sweden, introduced me to Jennifer.
The tallest man, who was from Sweden, introduced me to Jennifer.
338. OLP airlines is looking for _____ with _____ in international flight.
the pilots, experience
pilots, the experience
the pilots, the experience
339. I wish George _____ me about the bad acoustics in the room before I took the stage.
340. The lifetime warranty only _____ to tools that have not been refurbished.
341. Unfortunately, there wasn’t _____ left after the picnic.
342. The doorman won’t allow you to enter _____ you provide identification.
as long as
343. What would you have done if Ms. Adams _____ the package unopened?
344. Melissa was the only one _____ managed to finish the examination on time.
345. The hotel _____ we had our company retreat was very clean.
346. It took Walter an hour to figure _____ where he had parked his car.
347. _____ Igor go every day after he finishes work?
348. Let’s listen _____ what Mr. Freund says about increasing our revenue.
349. Would it make _____ if I leave tonight instead of early in the morning?
350. It was _____ flight that kept us in _____ for 12 hours.
the long, the air
a long, the air
an long, an air
351. You need to use a gauge to figure out how much _____ is in your tires.
352. The _____ of money required to rebuild the engine is more than a new one would cost.
353. Sales of the heavy coats have been _____ slow in the summer.
354. Deliveries from SpeedCo are _____ punctual.
355. We never know if Ms. Lee is going to arrive at the office _____ time.
356. The steel _____ from our plant in Germany increased by 17% last year.
357. Do you know if Roger got _____ he applied for _____ week?
the job, last
job, the last
the job, a last
358. Most of the antiques in the shop are in excellent _____.
359. Peter saw Rebecca crossing the street when he was stopped _____ the traffic light.
360. Ms. Okung insisted _____ for my dinner last night.
361. Ms. Kittle brings two forms of identification with her _____ she goes.
362. There was an unexpected guest at the conference, _____ an extra chair was brought in.
363. The bicycle will have to be _____ so that it can fit into a shipping crate.
364. Yuko doesn’t like to spend money _____ jewelry or cars.
365. I don’t understand why the 3:10 train from Mumbai _____ yet.
366. Tomorrow Ms. Rogers will tell us _____ she has decided to do.
367. If we take the 9:30 flight, we _____ too late.
would have arrived
368. Mr. Lanza has a very _____ attitude for such a young man.
369. _____ ever seen the Northern Lights?
370. _____ of the six people who attended the concert stayed until the final song.
371. Responses to our new package design have been _____ positive.
372. I sometimes visit my grandmother in Prague, _____ is quite close to my home.
373. While Mr. Yoo was painting the bedroom, Mr. Kerr _____ furniture from the living room.
374. Would you be interested ____ working for the government?
375. You didn’t have to carry your passport with you, _____?
376. When _____ to tell us what our next assignment is going to be?
Tom is going
is Tom going
377. What is _____ ocean in _____?
the largest, the world
a largest, world
an largest, a world
378. Ms. Baker found the conference to be rather _____.
379. Investigators accused Mr. Russell _____ money from the safe.
380. Mr. Bellini _____ yet because his plane is delayed.
381. I encourage you to think _____ where you want to be in five years.
382. The worst way to get your way is to shout _____ people.
383. Mr. Staley congratulated Deborah _____ the award.
384. Charles _____ to meet his fiancée in Japan on her birthday next August.
will have gone
385. The thing I don’t like about this restaurant is _____ .
386. Most people can’t repair an automobile all by _____.
387. As we speak, Ms. Luo _____ her way here from Germany.
388. In six months PLK Manufacturing’s Delhi factory will be completely _____.
389. _____ checkout time is 11am, exceptions can always be made as a courtesy to guests.
390. If Elsa’s grandmother lived closer, she _____ her more often.
would have visited
391. If I had known his phone number, I _____ him.
would have called
392. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Ms. Dietrich will take the company car because it’s bigger than hers’.
Ms. Dietrich will take the company car because its bigger than hers.
Ms. Dietrich will take the company car because it’s bigger than hers
Ms. Dietrich will take the company car because its bigger than her’s.
393. Ruth does not want to work full time, but she is open _____ in on a freelance basis.
for to come
394. Ms. Melani would like to see all essays from this year, including _____ that are not finished yet.
395. Maria is _____ who specializes in _____ .
a doctor, the elderly
a doctor, an elderly
396. ______ Mr. Goff’s scheduling mistake, the event took place on time.
In spite of
397. After you fill out the form completely _____ the doctor will see you.
398. John is bringing a water bottle with him in case he _____ thirsty.
399. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Mr. Bogojevic said that he had watched the entire tennis match.
Mr. Bogojevic said, that he had watched the entire tennis match.
Mr. Bogojevic said that “he had watched the entire tennis match.”
Mr. Bogojevic said that: he had watched the entire tennis match.
400. Pamela has three computers, all of _____ are very old.
401. For the past ten years, MotoCorp _____ the world’s most fuel-efficient cars.
has been building
402. Ms. Neruda has a very positive attitude _____ her work.
403. It began to rain just as the party goers _____.
404. The critics said that the movie was _____ funny.
405. Ms. Myers commented that _____ she slept in at the hotel was better than _____ she slept in at home.
the bed, one
bed, the one
the bed, the one
406. _____ the weather was perfect, the groundbreaking ceremony had to be postponed.
407. Do you know _____ Judy has arrived in Salzburg yet?
408. Mr. Guo’s ideas about international relations were _____ extreme than we expected.
409. By this time last year, this company _____ 500 printing presses.
410. So far this week, I _____ three seminars about the future of aviation.
411. Don’t forget _____ the oven after ____ the pie.
to turn off, remove
turning off, remove
to turn off, removing
turning off, removing
412. Surprisingly, guests have a _____ to use the indoor pool in the summer.
413. Leila turned _____ the job because she didn’t want to spend her time in sales.
414. While Jeffery was traveling in France, he _____ into an old friend from college.
415. If the customer signs the receipt, we _____ responsible for the lost package.
wouldn’t have been
416. We were surprised that Ms. Lafarge is _____ good at product design.
417. Ms. Johnson complained that there was no heat in her room. _____, the mechanic was working on the boiler.
418. _____ asked you to finish the project by Friday?
419. Would you choose a career as _____ instructor?
420. _____ we need to do is examine why our business has slowed down.
421. Nori loves to sit on a bench atop the cliff near her house and look out over _____.
422. Before I applied _____ the job, I researched the company.
423. There weren’t more than five people at the demonstration, _____?
424. If the bank offers me the job, I don’t think I ____ it.
425. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The only person who was interested in the job was Michael.
The only person, who was interested in the job was Michael.
The only person, who was interested in the job, was Michael.
The only person who was interested in the job, was Michael.
426. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
“I can’t start the meeting”, said Ms. Lee, “without the entire staff present”.
“I can’t start the meeting, said Ms. Lee, without the entire staff present.”
“I can’t start the meeting,” said Ms. Lee, “without the entire staff present.”
“I can’t start the meeting,” said Ms. Lee, “Without the entire staff present.”
427. There was a sweater left behind at the party, but Ichiro couldn’t figure out _____ it was.
428. Jenny spent ten minutes trying to sort out _____ jacket was _____.
429. Make sure to take your shoes _____ before you enter Ms. Tanaka’s house.
430. The research department found that adding more oxygen to the mixture was the solution _____ the problem.
431. By the end of this year, Joseph _____ his book about Italian furniture.
will have completed
432. You _____ the exam unless you study harder.
433. Luckily, we brought extra food. _____, we would have gotten very hungry.
434. It costs $125 to _____ your membership to the gym every year.
435. Employees’ suggestions to management may be _____ so that employees can feel free to express their thoughts.
436. Ms. Sanders can’t remember _____ in the hospital when she was three years old.
437. The electric cart doesn’t have a reverse gear, _____?
438. _____ did Rebecca know that you wouldn’t be coming to work today?
439. Ms. Hassan got _____ the bus and walked three blocks to her cousin’s house.
440. High pitched sounds in the recording are _____ audible, but they can be heard at high volume.
441. Do you know _____ gone?
where has Tom
Tom has where
where Tom has
has Tom where
442. Dr. Wurtz didn’t know that the briefcase in the corner was _____.
443. The condition of the merchandise was unacceptable, so I demanded that they give me my money _____.
444. If Ms. Hernandez _____ for many years at an ad agency, she wouldn’t have so many clients as an independent contractor.
wouldn’t have worked
445. We usually start with the marketing phase, even if we are not finished _____ the development of the product.
446. Out of all of us, Jose was the one _____ scored the highest on the exam.
447. I’ve never seen specifications as detailed as _____.
448. If Brandon finishes his work by 5:00, he _____ us at the Rosewood Cafe.
449. The budget report for last year was very _____ researched.
450. Ms. Arguello never expected that her podcast would be _____ popular.
451. If Rebecca had sent the replacement part for the copier, we _____ it yesterday.
would have received
452. We are looking to hire someone who has a strong _____ in management.
453. Hiring freelancers is not _____ expensive as bringing in a new employee.
454. How _____ from the airport to the hotel?
did you get
you did get
455. Many people have difficulty _____ the entrance examination for IT courses at the Snell Institute.
456. No one has yet succeed _____ improving on Ms. Glaser’s original design for our company’s logo.
457. _____ someone sends me a text, I get back to them within 10 minutes.
No matter how
458. Mr. Mettner said that he _____ the security deposit for the apartment.
hasn’t yet received
hadn’t yet received
isn’t yet receiving
didn’t yet receive
459. Martin Beale _____ all of the legal matters for RTG Plastics Inc.
460. By next February Roger ______ at his new job for six months.
will have been working
will be working
461. If you are in town next week, we should have _____ together.
462. People will be able to set up websites by _____ because the platform is so simple.
463. The factory floor supervisor started the generator _____ the power had gone out.
464. Ms. Fiallos was not _____ for the truck driver position because she did not have a valid driver’s licence.
465. When she discovered the briefcase didn’t belong to her, she tried to find out _____ it was.
466. Sites like Uploadithere.com are _____ way to send large documents.
467. The bulky frame made the picture _____ heavy to hang on the wall.
468. _____ Wednesday, two of the key people on the design team called in sick.
469. When _____ us the final draft of the report?
you will send
will you send
470. Robert will stay at the job site until 6pm unless Tony _____ to replace him first.
471. Mr. Weiss considers his company’s move to Canada to be _____.
472. Try to guess the definition of a word without looking it _____ in the dictionary.
473. The amount of _____ housing in the southern part of the city has increased in the last five years.
474. Russell doesn’t usually work on weekends. _____, he will make an exception for this client.
475. _____ of us are going anywhere this weekend because there is too much work to do.
476. The manufacturing operation _____ smoothly while Ms. Kurtz was on vacation.
477. First I will send you the document ________________
. Then I will bill you.
: then I will bill you.
; then I will bill you.
then I will bill you.
478. Luckily, Mona remembered _____ an extra set of keys to give to Max.
479. Who _____ to inform him that his bid for the apartment renovation had been accepted?
Did Eric call
Did call Eric
480. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
“I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes the taxi driver said.”
“I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes.” The taxi driver said.
“I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes” the taxi driver said.
“I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes,” the taxi driver said.
481. After an hour, the mechanic was able to pull the tire _____ of the wheel.
482. It’s important to put _____ into _____ of any new project.
the time, the planning
the time, planning
time, the planning
483. Please forgive me _____ not informing you about the problems we were having with the new software.
484. _____ sent you to deliver the printer?
485. No one has figured out exactly _____ caused the power failure.
486. ___ twelve years, Opal Systems has been designing operating systems for government institutions.
487. Ricardo’s boss _____ him telling the client how to use the software.
488. The committee _____ the job of quality control to Karl Mertz.
489. If I _____ my vacation in March, I never would have met Mr. Edwards.
490. Most people prefer sleeping at home _____ sleeping on an airplane.
491. Mr. Ibanez gave _____ calling Mr. Hansen after Mr. Hansen never responded to his messages.
492. Tomas decided to visit _____ sisters in Amsterdam in April.
493. _____ happened after I left work yesterday?
494. Please continue to use the front entrance _____ a delivery is too large to fit through the door.
495. Ms. Elkin had two bags with her when she arrived, _____?
496. The new operating system should significantly reduce the _____ of time it takes to upload documents.
497. _____ the switch on the back of the machine do?
498. The _____ for submissions to the design competition is March 3.
499. Monday is a holiday, _____ Emily will contact you on Tuesday.
500. _____ our supplier’s shipment was late, I managed to get most of the order ready.
501. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger three hot dogs and an apple turnover.
The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger, three hot dogs, and an apple turnover.
The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than, a hamburger, three hot dogs, and an apple turnover.
The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger, three hot dogs and, an apple turnover.
502. Ms. Costas depends _____ three major accounts for most of her business.
503. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each other’s work.
Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each others’ work.
Everyone in the copywriting department, always checks eachother’s work.
Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each others work.
504. A huge traffic jam prevented Lila _____ getting to the airport on time
505. Mr. Yee shops at _____ hardware store in his area.
506. _____________, I will have the report done by next week.
Either I take on another job or not
Whenever I take on another job or not
Whether I take on another job or not
Neither I take on another job or not
507. _____ is an important ingredient in any soup.
508. Now that Ms. Brecht has retired, we all agree it will be difficult to _____ her.
509. The results of the study were inconclusive. _____, more research needs to be done.
510. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Sam’ dad’s truck was found without its wheels.
Sam’s dad’s truck was found without its wheels.
Sams dads truck was found without its wheels.
Sam’s dad’s truck was found without it’s wheels.
511. Our marketing strategy is based on _____ experience.
either data or
both data and
neither data nor
not only data also
512. Five months after he was laid off, Javier succeeded __ another job
513. Three people thanked Mr. Genet ___ the village of Newbrook in his speech
514. You really like this house, ___?
515. Jamie’s flight __ until midnight.
516. Jim and I __ to the gym three times a week.
has been going
have been going
517. The thirteen cats and I ___ to the vet.
518. We thought we might go to the beach, __ the weather was terrible
519. He’s going to run the race tomorrow ___ he has a sprained ankle
by the time
in order that
520. I think you should make ___ a sandwich
521. The doctor not only treats infections ___ also prescribes pain killers
522. ____ the cabbage, I liked all of the ingredients in that meal.
as far as