In a previous comparable article, we discussed how to pass the Freelancer skill test in the best way possible. So right here we will talk about how to pass the English Freelancer English test with ease. You can see my test results in the image above. The passing score right here is 6 out of 10. This means that at least 24 of the 40 questions need to be answered correctly. So, luckily, I managed to get through. So I’ll talk about how my results weren’t a lot better. If you keep away from these problems, you will get higher results.
45. During the hurricane, Jose’s home suffered a lot of ______.
the damage a damage damage an damage
46. One of his least favorite job duties is _____ presentations.
giving to give of giving give
47. If Janine had given you constructive feedback, what _______ said?
can you have will you have would you have would you
48. To join the organization, you need a lot of ______.
money the money each money some money
49. My ____ engine is making a strange sound.
car’s cars cars’ car’s’
50. There’s an extra coffee mug ____ the counter.
in on because about
51. Malik hasn’t called you today, _____ he?
has did hasn’t didn’t
52. All of the supplies on the table are for ____.
I my mine me
53. Once you finish your paperwork ___ bring it back to the reception desk.
; , : .
54. The dog is sleeping _____ the table.
in down underneath as
55. You don’t happen to have a pen, ____?
don’t you will you do you won’t you
56. We can only serve beer ____ wine at the event.
nor or for unless
57. I finally feel ____ enough to return to work.
better best well finer
58. _____ new store just opened last week.
They’re Their Theirs It’s
59. _____ I win the lottery, I still want to work.
As if Even if In order that So that
60. You have to take ____ of your medicine to feel better.
each all every any
61. ______ it rains, the garage floods.
Every time Although As far as In order that
62. Gerard’s favorite activity on Sundays is ______.
for sleeping in sleeping to sleep sleeping
63. How ____ milk is needed for this recipe?
much many plenty lots of
64. If we would have left earlier, we ______ on time.
will have arrived would have arrived arrived will arrive
65. Mr. Evans gave everyone a cupcake as a ____ gesture.
nice nicely nicer nicest
66. Angus sprinted _____ the finish line.
till up toward on
67. Gretchen agreed ______ me with my philosophy homework.
helping for helping to help at helping
68. Did you hear about what ______ to the Smith family?
is happened has happening happened happening
69. The pest control team will arrive _____ 10 a.m.
on for in at
70. I’m going to sleep now because I’m _____ tired.
much very a lot many
71. You are ____ to read the book of your choosing.
freely free freer freeing
72. I will attend the meeting _____ Mr. Williams.
in case of in front of by means of in place of
73. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
June will present chapter one, and Josh will present the rest. June will present chapter one and Josh will present the rest. June will present chapter one and Josh will present, the rest. June will present, chapter one and Josh will present the rest.
74. Sometimes, it’s dangerous to cook with _____.
the heat heat a heat that heat
75. There’s no point _____ the truth.
to deny in denying deny for denying
76. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
After I graduate I’ll move back to Nebraska. After, I graduate I’ll move back to Nebraska. After I graduate, I’ll move back to Nebraska. After I graduate I’ll, move back to Nebraska.
77. _____ were upset about _____ extra homework.
Students, much The students, the The students, many Students, many
78. ____ don’t usually like the same movies.
Them They Me She
79. We’ll find Gemma’s teddy bear, ______ it is.
whereas whenever wherever where
80. When are you going to buy ____ new car?
a an those more
81. I would have cleaned the house if I ______ you were coming.
had known know will have known have known
82. I ______ the writer’s conference last year.
have attended attended am attending will attend
83. Most of the movie was shot in the _____.
desert dessert bare barren
84. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
How many siblings do you have. How many siblings do you have, How many siblings do you have? How many siblings do you have!
85. The hospital needs more _____ with ______ in neurology.
the doctors, the experience doctors, the experience doctors, experience the doctors, experience
86. Carol will be successful because she writes ______.
beautiful beautifully beauty beauteous
87. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
I returned the sweater, with the black sequins, yesterday. I returned, the sweater, with the black sequins, yesterday. I returned the sweater with the black sequins yesterday. I returned the sweater with the black sequins, yesterday.
88. _____ assigned this project to you on such short notice?
How Who Why What
89. Please be sure ______ your phone while _______.
turning off, driving to turn off, drive turning off, drive to turn off, driving
90. ____ the weather, we have to leave today.
In lieu of Regardless of Since Until
91. If you don’t feel well, you should ____ down.
lay rest lie sleep
92. _____ a bad ninth inning, the team still won.
Against Instead of Despite With
93. I refuse to _______ Chester’s apology.
accepted accept accepting have accepted
94. _____ it rains today, we’ll have to move the party indoors.
But If For As
95. You haven’t seen my car keys, _____?
did you have you you have you did
96. If the power goes out, we _____ to use the backup generator.
will have will have had had will had
97. Mr. Weaver was accused ____ falsifying records.
of for at to
98. A protestor climbed _____ the stage during the ceremony.
to for onto with
99. The sale only _____ to select products.
goes works applies administers
100. The Queen’s ____ has lasted for several decades.
reign rein rain helm
101. I’ll be there ______ I can.
as though as far as as soon as in order that
102. I’m happy to announce that Ms. Williamson ______ the position.
has accepted accept accepting will have accepted
103. Did you remember _____ the oven when you finished?
turning off to turn off on turning off turn off
104. Figure it out amongst ______.
yours yourselves yourself themselves
105. During the heist, the thief risked _____ caught.
on being of being to be being 106. If I buy the tickets, ______ buy the popcorn?
you can you will you will you
107. If your phone stops working, ______ a new one?
you would have gotten will you have gotten will you get you will get
108. When you’re done, _____ your books to your room.
bring lift send take
109. To ___ does this coat belong?
who what whomever whom
110. Meredith really enjoys _____ satire.
writing to write on writing for writing
111. The Burj Khalifa is the ____ tallest building.
worlds world world’s worlds’
112. _____ Billy failed the test, he still passed the class.
Whereas Unless Even though As
113. It was the ____ movie Jean had ever seen.
worst worse bad badly
114. The college needs a professor ___ specializes in economics.
that which who whom
115. We don’t like selfies because we don’t know how to take pictures of _____.
ours yourselves us ourselves
116. I wish Jeremy ____ us about the meeting before today.
had told told will tell would tell
117. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Sean, the youngest of six, was the familys only college graduate. Sean the youngest of six, was the family’s only college graduate. Sean, the youngest of six was the familys only college graduate. Sean, the youngest of six, was the family’s only college graduate.
118. The venue changed, but ____ closer to home.
it’s its its’ it
119. High pitched sounds in the recording are _____ audible, but they can be heard at high volume.
specifically easy rather barely
120. Jessie asked ___ “What are you guys doing after class?”
. , ; ?
121. When the TV show ends, _____ give you my undivided attention.
I would I will have I will I
122. You should slice the pizza _____ so everyone gets a slice.
equally equal even equivalent
123. ____ need to pick a dessert for the reception.
Us Our Ourselves We
124. No one is allowed in the building _____ they show their ID badge.
unless without as long as in case
125. _____ Phyllis angry with us for making too much noise?
Why Weren’t Were Was
126. I’d like to accept this award _________ Vanessa, who couldn’t be here tonight.
despite in spite of with regard to on behalf of
127. We can’t take the dog _____ while there’s lightning.
outside out of about during
128. If I earn a bonus this year, I ______ to Italy.
will have traveled will travel traveled would have traveled
129. Bradley will need help _____ the first semester.
on into at throughout
130. There weren’t any violations, ____?
weren’t there were there there were there weren’t
131. Our family plans ______ to Mexico for the summer.
going to go go of going
132. Charles ran ____ the building before the rain started.
by into in within
133. Everyone entered the contest _____ Jill.
since into for except
134. When ______ first place, my parents will be so proud.
I win I would win I will win I had won
135. At noon, the board will announce ____ has been appointed as CEO.
what how who whom
136. Can someone please pass ____ bread?
each an a the
137. The room feels crowded because there are ________ people in here.
too much so much too many much
138. _____ you going on vacation in April?
Isn’t Are Did Why
139. We’re not going on vacation ____ August.
since although for until
140. Caleb’s parents have a meeting with the _____ today.
principle dominant first principal
141. Next Friday, the restaurant ______ at 4 p.m. for dinner.
will open has opened opened open
142. Let me know ______ you’d like to go to dinner.
when so that unless as though
143. Take an extra layer in case _____ cold in the auditorium.
it is it will be it would be it would have been
144. _______ is this sweater fashionable, _____ it’s also ethically made.
Neither, nor Not only, but Just as, so Rather, than
145. We can’t leave _____ the driveway is blocked.
as though where for because
146. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Mr. Williams introduced us to Peter, a new student from Denmark. Mr. Williams introduced us to Peter a new student from Denmark. Mr. Williams introduced us to Peter a new student, from Denmark. Mr. Williams, introduced us to Peter a new student from Denmark.
147. For stronger bones, your son should drink ____ milk.
a the a lot of that
148. It’s a nice house, ____ it’s not my top choice.
so nor or but
149. Professor Grant thought the presentation was _______ unacceptable.
completely complete completing completed
150. I’d like a coffee ____ a tea.
except for instead of in case of on top of
151. The entire room is reserved for ___.
we our us ourselves
152. Bruce studied hard, ____ he thought the exam was easy.
or while so since
153. The security guard stopped the thief ____ stealing two sweaters.
from of in with
154. I’ve made arrangements ______ at a five-star resort.
to stay for staying on staying in staying
155. ____ bag ripped because it was too full.
He His Him Himself
156. I was ____ surprised that my contract was renewed.
very much a lot many
157. Aunt Ann walked ____ for one hour.
quick abrupt brisk briskly
158. My brother’s sense of humor is nothing ____ mine.
like as than on
159. Georgia ______ there for 15 years.
is working works working has worked
160. Charlie’s letter ____ that he was homesick.
inferred designated implied involved
161. We should _____ the meeting at 8 a.m. sharp.
start starting started be starting
162. Try to _____ in on what the author is saying in the article.
sharpen look home hone
163. It wasn’t _____ film of the year, but it still won _____.
the best, awards best, awards best, much awards the best, the awards
164. We’ll stay at Grandma’s house ____ our visit.
during in along through
165. After the party ____ we should head home.
, . ; !
166. My flight is delayed because the aircraft ______ yet.
167. I _____ into an old friend from high school last night.
ran run was running had run
168. We have ____ food to feed the entire family.
any plenty of many few
169. The ______ new house had a finished basement with a wine cellar.
Johnson’s Johnsons’ Johnsons Johnsons’s
170. Next August, the entire cast ______ to France for the premiere.
had traveled was traveling traveled will travel
171. I’ve loved reading _____ I was just 5 years old.
because though after since
172. We’ll need five more plates _____ what we already have.
on next to past in addition to
173. The plumber ____ us if we’d had problems with the sink before.
asked had asked asks is asking
174. _____ neighborhood has the best school district?
Which Who Why Where
175. I hope the weather clears up so we __________ for a walk.
will have went have went will go can go
176. How will the organization be ______ by these changes?
effective affective effected affected
177. It was a _____ that we both arrived at the same time.
coincidence irony happening fate
178. _____ are organizing the potluck dinner.
We Us Our Ours
179. A ___ of my colleagues attended the conference, so I wasn’t alone.
little some few many
180. How will the weather ____ the construction project?
affect effect threat realize
181. Miriam skipped the party ____ she was ill.
because where if so
182. The historic home ______ 100 years ago.
has been constructed is being constructed was constructed is constructed
183. If you leave the bread out, it _______ become stale.
would would have will had
184. The students must walk in an _____ fashion.
ordered order ordering orderly
185. The train is never on time when I ______ late.
am running ran will run will have run
186. Yesterday, the entire family ______ their gifts at the same time.
opened opening is opening open
187. Today’s heat is just too much to ______.
bear beer bare give
188. We must leave now because we have _____ time to spare.
little few a few less
189. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
You didn’t finish the homework did you? You didn’t finish the homework, did you? You didn’t finish, the homework did you? You didn’t finish the homework did, you?
190. ______ should we go when the assembly is over?
Where What Who Whether
191. Billy can publish anything on his blog ________ it’s true.
whereas so that wherever as long as
192. We have to turn _____ all phones during dinner.
off out for with
193. _____ James _____ Jessie are getting promoted.
Whether, or As much, as Both, and Just as, so
194. If ______ my help, you can reach me at my desk.
you had needed you have needed you would need you need
195. _____ time should we start the meeting?
When Who What Why
196. If you’re not feeling well, ______ come to the office.
you should not you will have you have you would have
197. Kim suggested _____ at 5 p.m. to discuss our progress.
to meeting of meeting meeting for meeting
198. _____ the avocados have gone bad.
Some of A little of Enough Any
199. I washed your t-shirt because it was _____.
oil oily oiled oils
200. _____ Mr. Smith _____ Ms. Brown could chaperone the dance.
Whether, or Neither, nor Rather, than Not only, but
201. We need to clean up and put everything in ____ place.
it its it’s its’
202. Which sentence is correct?
Because Gary practices every day, so he is a great pianist. Because Gary practices every day, so is a great pianist. Because Gary practices every day, he is a great pianist. Because Gary practices every day, as he is a great pianist.
203. I don’t know where I left ___ keys.
mine my me I
204. Everyone laughed when the cat climbed ____ the stage.
onto out for at
205. Do you know _____ the boys have left yet?
why when if where
206. How long is your commute to work ____
. ! ? ,
207. “I can help,____ said Mrs. Wilson.
, ” . ;
208. If we close the store now, _____ we lose money?
will what who why
209. Bobby was frequently late for work, ____ he received a great performance review.
yet for so while
210. Randy pretended ______ the meal even though he dislikes broccoli.
to enjoy enjoying on enjoying for enjoying
211. One of the main symptoms of the virus is _____.
nauseated nausea nauseous disgust
212. Everyone will have a chance to say their ____ during the meeting.
peace place piece chunk
213. In tonight’s game, the Celtics will play ____ the Bulls.
amidst circa against unlike
214. Brad said he’d like to ride ____ us.
at via in accordance with with
215. The textbook is ____ world history and geography.
on about on account of with
216. James has to start over because he cleaned his room _____.
sloppy sloppily sloppier sloppiest
217. Neither Phoebe ____ Rachel admitted to breaking the glass.
nor for either and
218. I haven’t seen Joanna ____ last Friday.
from on since at
219. Mrs. Briar chose ____ for the job.
me I my myself
220. Which van should we take – ____ or ours?
they’re’s there’s theirs theirs’
221. ____ project won first place in the competition.
Mine Me My Myself
222. We could drive instead _______ an Uber.
of taking of take on taking take
223. Carl and ___ are the only chaperones for the field trip.
me I my mine
224. The band started playing after _____.
you went you are leaving you were leaving you left
225. Which of these coats is ____?
yours yours’ your’s your’s’
226. The orchestra’s holiday performance was just _____.
delightful delighted delight delighting
227. The girl with the _____ hair is Jenny.
curl curling curly curled
228. I still need to ____ out my ideas for the book.
flush flesh rinse let
229. Where ______ purchased?
was the coat the coat was coat was the was coat the
230. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Their slogan says, “The best barbecue in town.” Their slogan says “The best barbecue in town.” Their slogan says; “The best barbecue in town.” Their slogan says. “The best barbecue in town.”
231. When Dylan was young, he dreamed ___ becoming a firefighter.
of over off in
232. Paul threw out the bottle because he _______ it was yours.
won’t know didn’t know doesn’t know won’t have known
233. I anticipate ______ the project complete by Tuesday.
to have having of having for having
234. _____ are sharing one hotel suite for the entire trip.
They Them Themselves Their
235. You will only get a promotion if ______ hard.
you would work you could work you work you would have worked
236. When Mauricio ____ through the front door, everyone will yell, “Surprise!”
walked will walk walks walk
237. Are you interested ______ us for dinner?
joining of joining in joining in join
238. The audience doesn’t care ______ questions.
for asking to ask on asking asking
239. This basketball needs more air because it’s not ____ enough.
bounce bounced bouncing bouncy
240. Briana will clean the kitchen _____ Edward vacuums the rugs.
while though as if whereas
241. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
My parents’ new car has more modern features than your parents’. My parent’s new car has more modern features than your parents. My parents’ new car has more modern features than your parents. My parents new car has more modern features than your parents’.
242. For our homework, we have to listen ____ a podcast.
to in on for
243. Every driver must show proof of ____ insurance.
they them they’re their
244. When ______ the good news?
will Sherrie share Sherrie will share will share Sherrie share will Sherrie
245. _____ it rains _____ not, the show must go on.
Whether, or Neither, nor Just as, so Both, and
246. What meal ______ when she got sick?
eating was April April was eating was April eating eating April was
247. John refuses to try anything new because he’s risk-_____.
averse adverse reluctant afraid
248. I have three items in my backpack ____ a book, a pen, and my wallet.
: . ? ;
249. ____ almost time for us to leave.
Its Its’ It’s’ It’s
250. We will spend the afternoon at the job _____.
cite sight site place
251. _____ is one of my favorite pastimes.
Reading To read To have read Of reading
252. I love ham sandwiches ____ only on rye bread.
but and or so
253. ______ seen any good TV shows lately?
You did Did you You have Have you
254. The committee is interested _______ your thoughts.
to hearing for hearing in hearing on hearing
255. There isn’t ____ space in the car for four more people.
many enough various several
256. Jenny is so young, ____ she has accomplished so much.
so yet if or
257. After dinner, no one ______ to load the dishwasher.
has wanted wanted is wanting wanting
258. Brendan was sent home early for behaving ______.
inappropriate inappropriately inappropriateness bad
259. She and ____ will meet you at 7 p.m.
I me mine myself
260. You can’t use your cell phone once you’re _____ the plane.
onto above out aboard
261. ____ is broken and we need to buy ____ new one.
299. Jerry has six daughters, and ____ all live in Las Vegas.
them they they’re their
300. Carrie is an introvert and tends _____ shy with new people.
to be being on being in being
301. The gift with the red bow is ____
yours your’s yours’ your’s’
302. You shouldn’t carry ____ much cash when you travel abroad.
thus such to so
303. Make sure you learn every client’s name _____ you can introduce them to each other.
unless so that if then
304. The recent cold weather is the _____ reason for the decline in occupancy.
most extreme primary highest
305. As usual, Mr. Park had _____ for breakfast before he left for _____.
the coffee, the work coffee, work coffee, the work a coffee, a work
306. After _____, I rode my bicycle to work.
to eat that eat eating that eating
307. The _____ largest gym has both a steam room and a sauna.
hotel hotels’ hotels hotel’s
308. Many of the employees complained ______ the management over low pay.
at to around over
309. Building a new wing for the hotel is impossible. We have _________ the funds.
either the land or both the land and neither the land nor not only the land but also
310. It wasn’t _____ play Ms. Yee had ever seen, but it was _____ one.
best, the good the best, good the best, the good the best, a good
311. Peter lost control of his car and just missed crashing _____ a wall.
into on with to
312. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The emperor was wearing no clothes which was quite obvious to Beverly. The emperor, was wearing no clothes which was quite obvious to Beverly. The emperor was wearing no clothes which, was quite obvious to Beverly. The emperor was wearing no clothes, which was quite obvious to Beverly.
313. Max was completely _____ with trying to complete his dissertation.
fed up interested excited upset
314. _____ at high elevation contains less _____.
The air, the oxygen Air, the oxygen The air, oxygen Air, oxygen
315. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Ms. Giardi arrived before we did didn’t she? Ms. Giardi arrived, before we did, didn’t she? Ms. Giardi arrived before we did, didn’t she? Ms. Giardi arrived before we did. Didn’t she?
316. We didn’t use all of the gasoline, so the _____ should be enough to get you to the station.
residual left remnant remainder
317. I often dream _____ traveling to foreign countries.
on over of in
318. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The watch with the black dial was repaired and returned. The watch, with the black dial was repaired and returned. The watch, with the black dial was, repaired and returned. The watch with the black dial was repaired, and returned.
319. It remains unclear whether it is more _____ to attract new customers or to retain existing ones.
profit profiting profitable profit
320. The picture was taken by an artist _____ name I can’t remember.
his whose which their
321. The driver was able to repair the tire, _____ there were tools in the trunk of the car.
although whether as whereas
323. I wish it would stop raining so that I _____ outside.
could have gone had gone could go went
324. I found my friends seated _____ the front row of the theater.
at on up in
325. How _____ to repair six computers in an hour?
did you manage managed you you did manage you managed
326. Seeing this snow globe reminds me _____ to Clear Lake every winter with my family.
to go of going for going go
327. _____ it’s true that more trees need to be planted, there is still enough shade for the swimming pool.
While So Nevertheless Because
328. Joseph wasn’t home when you went to visit him, _____ he?
wasn’t did didn’t was
329. The concert started late, _____ annoyed a lot of people.
where which that there
330. How many documents _____ yesterday?
did you have to sign you had to sign had you to sign you did sign
331. Let’s hope Ms. Noor finds a good job _____ she goes.
whatever wherever whatever whoever
332. The addition of a new rail line has made the northern part of the city much more _____.
accessible convenient available eligible
333. Jason discovered the small piece of metal in the engine _____ was causing all the problems.
that who it what
334. Mr. Faisal said that he _____ David since yesterday morning.
didn’t see hasn’t seen wasn’t seeing hadn’t seen
335. Ms. Cepeda’s designs were _____ detailed that there was no need to revise them.
as much so more
336. Rebecca forgave Jason _____ not contacting her for six months.
for from of in
337. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The tallest man who was from Sweden introduced me to Jennifer. The tallest man, who was from Sweden introduced me to Jennifer. The tallest man who was from Sweden, introduced me to Jennifer. The tallest man, who was from Sweden, introduced me to Jennifer.
338. OLP airlines is looking for _____ with _____ in international flight.
pilots, experience the pilots, experience pilots, the experience the pilots, the experience
339. I wish George _____ me about the bad acoustics in the room before I took the stage.
had warned warned will warn would warn
340. The lifetime warranty only _____ to tools that have not been refurbished.
works gives donates applies
341. Unfortunately, there wasn’t _____ left after the picnic.
any bread some bread a bread the bread
342. The doorman won’t allow you to enter _____ you provide identification.
unless as long as so without
343. What would you have done if Ms. Adams _____ the package unopened?
returned has returned returns had returned
344. Melissa was the only one _____ managed to finish the examination on time.
which who when she
345. The hotel _____ we had our company retreat was very clean.
where which that what
346. It took Walter an hour to figure _____ where he had parked his car.
out up over in
347. _____ Igor go every day after he finishes work?
When What does Where does How
348. Let’s listen _____ what Mr. Freund says about increasing our revenue.
at for in to
349. Would it make _____ if I leave tonight instead of early in the morning?
a difference the difference an difference difference
350. It was _____ flight that kept us in _____ for 12 hours.
the long, the air long, air a long, the air an long, an air
351. You need to use a gauge to figure out how much _____ is in your tires.
the air an air a air air
352. The _____ of money required to rebuild the engine is more than a new one would cost.
number result amount size
353. Sales of the heavy coats have been _____ slow in the summer.
predictably predicting predicted predictable
354. Deliveries from SpeedCo are _____ punctual.
reliably reliable rely relying
355. We never know if Ms. Lee is going to arrive at the office _____ time.
at for on over
356. The steel _____ from our plant in Germany increased by 17% last year.
number amount quantity output
357. Do you know if Roger got _____ he applied for _____ week?
job, last the job, last job, the last the job, a last
358. Most of the antiques in the shop are in excellent _____.
quality value condition worth
359. Peter saw Rebecca crossing the street when he was stopped _____ the traffic light.
at on in with
360. Ms. Okung insisted _____ for my dinner last night.
in paying to pay on paying pay
361. Ms. Kittle brings two forms of identification with her _____ she goes.
whoever whatever wherever however
362. There was an unexpected guest at the conference, _____ an extra chair was brought in.
while although so because
363. The bicycle will have to be _____ so that it can fit into a shipping crate.
repainted dismantled repaired demolished
364. Yuko doesn’t like to spend money _____ jewelry or cars.
with over for on
365. I don’t understand why the 3:10 train from Mumbai _____ yet.
381. I encourage you to think _____ where you want to be in five years.
in to about into
382. The worst way to get your way is to shout _____ people.
at to on for
383. Mr. Staley congratulated Deborah _____ the award.
on win to win on winning for winning
384. Charles _____ to meet his fiancée in Japan on her birthday next August.
goes is going will have gone went
385. The thing I don’t like about this restaurant is _____ .
a noise the noise some noise an noise
386. Most people can’t repair an automobile all by _____.
himself itself myself themselves
387. As we speak, Ms. Luo _____ her way here from Germany.
makes will make has made is making
388. In six months PLK Manufacturing’s Delhi factory will be completely _____.
operational operated operate operation
389. _____ checkout time is 11am, exceptions can always be made as a courtesy to guests.
However Although Therefore Meanwhile
390. If Elsa’s grandmother lived closer, she _____ her more often.
would have visited would visit visited will visit
391. If I had known his phone number, I _____ him.
would call will call would have called called
392. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Ms. Dietrich will take the company car because it’s bigger than hers’. Ms. Dietrich will take the company car because its bigger than hers. Ms. Dietrich will take the company car because it’s bigger than hers Ms. Dietrich will take the company car because its bigger than her’s.
393. Ruth does not want to work full time, but she is open _____ in on a freelance basis.
coming to come to coming for to come
394. Ms. Melani would like to see all essays from this year, including _____ that are not finished yet.
these them those theirs
395. Maria is _____ who specializes in _____ .
a doctor, the elderly doctor, elderly a doctor, an elderly doctor, elderly
396. ______ Mr. Goff’s scheduling mistake, the event took place on time.
In spite of Because of Whereas During
397. After you fill out the form completely _____ the doctor will see you.
; , . :
398. John is bringing a water bottle with him in case he _____ thirsty.
got gets is getting will ge
399. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Mr. Bogojevic said that he had watched the entire tennis match. Mr. Bogojevic said, that he had watched the entire tennis match. Mr. Bogojevic said that “he had watched the entire tennis match.” Mr. Bogojevic said that: he had watched the entire tennis match.
400. Pamela has three computers, all of _____ are very old.
them that these which
401. For the past ten years, MotoCorp _____ the world’s most fuel-efficient cars.
has built has been building built builds
402. Ms. Neruda has a very positive attitude _____ her work.
toward with in of
403. It began to rain just as the party goers _____.
were leaving are leaving left have left
404. The critics said that the movie was _____ funny.
outrageous outrage outraging outrageously
405. Ms. Myers commented that _____ she slept in at the hotel was better than _____ she slept in at home.
the bed, one bed, the one the bed, the one bed, one
406. _____ the weather was perfect, the groundbreaking ceremony had to be postponed.
Therefore However Because Although
407. Do you know _____ Judy has arrived in Salzburg yet?
when whether why where
408. Mr. Guo’s ideas about international relations were _____ extreme than we expected.
as much so more
409. By this time last year, this company _____ 500 printing presses.
had sold sold has sold sells
410. So far this week, I _____ three seminars about the future of aviation.
have attended attended am attending will attend
411. Don’t forget _____ the oven after ____ the pie.
to turn off, remove turning off, remove to turn off, removing turning off, removing
412. Surprisingly, guests have a _____ to use the indoor pool in the summer.
trend tendency movement habit
413. Leila turned _____ the job because she didn’t want to spend her time in sales.
down over off back
414. While Jeffery was traveling in France, he _____ into an old friend from college.
was running has run ran runs
415. If the customer signs the receipt, we _____ responsible for the lost package.
wouldn’t have been aren’t hadn’t been haven’t been
416. We were surprised that Ms. Lafarge is _____ good at product design.
such much so most
417. Ms. Johnson complained that there was no heat in her room. _____, the mechanic was working on the boiler.
Meanwhile Though After Despite
418. _____ asked you to finish the project by Friday?
When Who How What
419. Would you choose a career as _____ instructor?
the flight flight an flight a flight
420. _____ we need to do is examine why our business has slowed down.
Why That Which What
421. Nori loves to sit on a bench atop the cliff near her house and look out over _____.
an ocean the ocean ocean a ocean
422. Before I applied _____ the job, I researched the company.
to on at for
423. There weren’t more than five people at the demonstration, _____?
there were there weren’t weren’t there were there
424. If the bank offers me the job, I don’t think I ____ it.
would take will take had taken take
425. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The only person who was interested in the job was Michael. The only person, who was interested in the job was Michael. The only person, who was interested in the job, was Michael. The only person who was interested in the job, was Michael.
426. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
“I can’t start the meeting”, said Ms. Lee, “without the entire staff present”. “I can’t start the meeting, said Ms. Lee, without the entire staff present.” “I can’t start the meeting,” said Ms. Lee, “without the entire staff present.” “I can’t start the meeting,” said Ms. Lee, “Without the entire staff present.”
427. There was a sweater left behind at the party, but Ichiro couldn’t figure out _____ it was.
theirs who’s whose their
428. Jenny spent ten minutes trying to sort out _____ jacket was _____.
whose, her which, her whose, hers which, hers
429. Make sure to take your shoes _____ before you enter Ms. Tanaka’s house.
away off down up
430. The research department found that adding more oxygen to the mixture was the solution _____ the problem.
of in for to
431. By the end of this year, Joseph _____ his book about Italian furniture.
will complete is completing completes will have completed
433. Luckily, we brought extra food. _____, we would have gotten very hungry.
Otherwise Still Thus However
434. It costs $125 to _____ your membership to the gym every year.
replace renew remove reconnect
435. Employees’ suggestions to management may be _____ so that employees can feel free to express their thoughts.
anonymous correct impersonal unknown
436. Ms. Sanders can’t remember _____ in the hospital when she was three years old.
to be of being being about be
437. The electric cart doesn’t have a reverse gear, _____?
has it does it hasn’t it doesn’t it
438. _____ did Rebecca know that you wouldn’t be coming to work today?
What Where How Who
439. Ms. Hassan got _____ the bus and walked three blocks to her cousin’s house.
on off out away
440. High pitched sounds in the recording are _____ audible, but they can be heard at high volume.
specifically easy rather barely
441. Do you know _____ gone?
where has Tom Tom has where where Tom has has Tom where
442. Dr. Wurtz didn’t know that the briefcase in the corner was _____.
his him he he’s
443. The condition of the merchandise was unacceptable, so I demanded that they give me my money _____.
over back up out
444. If Ms. Hernandez _____ for many years at an ad agency, she wouldn’t have so many clients as an independent contractor.
didn’t work hadn’t worked wouldn’t have worked doesn’t work
445. We usually start with the marketing phase, even if we are not finished _____ the development of the product.
with out up off
446. Out of all of us, Jose was the one _____ scored the highest on the exam.
he who which they
447. I’ve never seen specifications as detailed as _____.
this they these their
448. If Brandon finishes his work by 5:00, he _____ us at the Rosewood Cafe.
would meet meets met will meet
449. The budget report for last year was very _____ researched.
well much good complete
450. Ms. Arguello never expected that her podcast would be _____ popular.
so well such much
451. If Rebecca had sent the replacement part for the copier, we _____ it yesterday.
would have received would receive had received received
452. We are looking to hire someone who has a strong _____ in management.
training past background history
453. Hiring freelancers is not _____ expensive as bringing in a new employee.
as much so more
454. How _____ from the airport to the hotel?
you got did you get got you you did get
455. Many people have difficulty _____ the entrance examination for IT courses at the Snell Institute.
to pass on pass passing pass
456. No one has yet succeed _____ improving on Ms. Glaser’s original design for our company’s logo.
in on over with
457. _____ someone sends me a text, I get back to them within 10 minutes.
Even though No matter how Whenever Unless
458. Mr. Mettner said that he _____ the security deposit for the apartment.
hasn’t yet received hadn’t yet received isn’t yet receiving didn’t yet receive
459. Martin Beale _____ all of the legal matters for RTG Plastics Inc.
deals does handles organizes
460. By next February Roger ______ at his new job for six months.
will work will have been working will working will be working
461. If you are in town next week, we should have _____ together.
a dinner dinner an dinner the dinner
462. People will be able to set up websites by _____ because the platform is so simple.
itself themselves myself himself
463. The factory floor supervisor started the generator _____ the power had gone out.
while so nevertheless because
464. Ms. Fiallos was not _____ for the truck driver position because she did not have a valid driver’s licence.
available eligible convenient accessible
465. When she discovered the briefcase didn’t belong to her, she tried to find out _____ it was.
who’s whose hers his
466. Sites like Uploadithere.com are _____ way to send large documents.
a best best the best one best
467. The bulky frame made the picture _____ heavy to hang on the wall.
much too as most
468. _____ Wednesday, two of the key people on the design team called in sick.
On Since Until Next
469. When _____ us the final draft of the report?
you send you will send send you will you send
470. Robert will stay at the job site until 6pm unless Tony _____ to replace him first.
came would come comes had come
471. Mr. Weiss considers his company’s move to Canada to be _____.
success successful succeed succeeded
472. Try to guess the definition of a word without looking it _____ in the dictionary.
out over up through
473. The amount of _____ housing in the southern part of the city has increased in the last five years.
afforded affords affordable affording
474. Russell doesn’t usually work on weekends. _____, he will make an exception for this client.
However Although Therefore Meanwhile
475. _____ of us are going anywhere this weekend because there is too much work to do.
No one Most All None
476. The manufacturing operation _____ smoothly while Ms. Kurtz was on vacation.
has run is running ran runs
477. First I will send you the document ________________
. Then I will bill you. : then I will bill you. ; then I will bill you. then I will bill you.
478. Luckily, Mona remembered _____ an extra set of keys to give to Max.
to bring bring about bringing bringing
479. Who _____ to inform him that his bid for the apartment renovation had been accepted?
Eric called Did Eric call Did call Eric Called Eric
480. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
“I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes the taxi driver said.” “I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes.” The taxi driver said. “I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes” the taxi driver said. “I can get you to the airport in fifteen minutes,” the taxi driver said.
481. After an hour, the mechanic was able to pull the tire _____ of the wheel.
out apart away off
482. It’s important to put _____ into _____ of any new project.
time, planning the time, the planning the time, planning time, the planning
483. Please forgive me _____ not informing you about the problems we were having with the new software.
on with for about
484. _____ sent you to deliver the printer?
Where When Who Why
485. No one has figured out exactly _____ caused the power failure.
what they how that
486. ___ twelve years, Opal Systems has been designing operating systems for government institutions.
In By For During
487. Ricardo’s boss _____ him telling the client how to use the software.
encouraged heard reminded told
488. The committee _____ the job of quality control to Karl Mertz.
assigned invested donated contributed
489. If I _____ my vacation in March, I never would have met Mr. Edwards.
took would take take had taken
490. Most people prefer sleeping at home _____ sleeping on an airplane.
from with for to
491. Mr. Ibanez gave _____ calling Mr. Hansen after Mr. Hansen never responded to his messages.
in out over up
492. Tomas decided to visit _____ sisters in Amsterdam in April.
its her his their
493. _____ happened after I left work yesterday?
When What Where How
494. Please continue to use the front entrance _____ a delivery is too large to fit through the door.
if until when unless
495. Ms. Elkin had two bags with her when she arrived, _____?
hadn’t she had she didn’t she did she
496. The new operating system should significantly reduce the _____ of time it takes to upload documents.
number amount size quantity
497. _____ the switch on the back of the machine do?
What Which Which does What does
498. The _____ for submissions to the design competition is March 3.
finish goal limit deadline
499. Monday is a holiday, _____ Emily will contact you on Tuesday.
because though so therefore
500. _____ our supplier’s shipment was late, I managed to get most of the order ready.
Despite Although Because So
501. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger three hot dogs and an apple turnover. The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger, three hot dogs, and an apple turnover. The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than, a hamburger, three hot dogs, and an apple turnover. The lunch truck arrived with nothing more than a hamburger, three hot dogs and, an apple turnover.
502. Ms. Costas depends _____ three major accounts for most of her business.
for on in after
503. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each other’s work. Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each others’ work. Everyone in the copywriting department, always checks eachother’s work. Everyone in the copywriting department always checks each others work.
504. A huge traffic jam prevented Lila _____ getting to the airport on time
from to for against
505. Mr. Yee shops at _____ hardware store in his area.
only an only the only a only
506. _____________, I will have the report done by next week.
Either I take on another job or not Whenever I take on another job or not Whether I take on another job or not Neither I take on another job or not
507. _____ is an important ingredient in any soup.
Salt The salt A salt Some salt
508. Now that Ms. Brecht has retired, we all agree it will be difficult to _____ her.
restore renew revive replace
509. The results of the study were inconclusive. _____, more research needs to be done.
Therefore However Rather Althoug
510. Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
Sam’ dad’s truck was found without its wheels. Sam’s dad’s truck was found without its wheels. Sams dads truck was found without its wheels. Sam’s dad’s truck was found without it’s wheels.
511. Our marketing strategy is based on _____ experience.
either data or both data and neither data nor not only data also
512. Five months after he was laid off, Javier succeeded __ another job
to find at finding in finding on find
513. Three people thanked Mr. Genet ___ the village of Newbrook in his speech
to mention of mention about mentioning for mentioning
514. You really like this house, ___? don’t you didn’t you aren’t you did you
515. Jamie’s flight __ until midnight. doesn’t arrive is arriving has arrived will arrive
516. Jim and I __ to the gym three times a week. has been going going was going have been going
517. The thirteen cats and I ___ to the vet. am gone going am going are going
518. We thought we might go to the beach, __ the weather was terrible while and as but
519. He’s going to run the race tomorrow ___ he has a sprained ankle by the time in order that only if even though
520. I think you should make ___ a sandwich her they mine she
521. The doctor not only treats infections ___ also prescribes pain killers or but and yet
522. ____ the cabbage, I liked all of the ingredients in that meal. Due to as far as Apart from Because of